Supporting you through the adventure of becoming the therapist you always thought you could be.
What is Supervision and how can it help?
Being a therapist means we often hear things that can be distressing. Without a place to discharge this distress we can easily be subject to vicarious distress ourselves. Supervision is a space where you can discuss all types of issues with someone who understands and can offer guidance.
Supervision enables you to become the best therapist you can be. Giving you the support you need to build a thriving business and also provide the very best service to your clients. Supervision is often a requirement from many governing bodies as a part of membership to ensure support is given and standards are upheld within the industry.
Topics For Supervision
- Individual client case discussions
- Developing your therapeutic skills
- A safe and supportive space to offload
- Techniques and approaches
- Note taking structure and support
- Burn out, self care and your wellbeing
- Time management
- Confidentiality concerns
- Reflective Practise on what’s working and what’s not
- Transference / Countertransferencs
- Business admin and documentation support
- Ethical concerns
- Work / Life Balance
- Your vision, mission and goals
- Creating a therapeutic environment
- Specialisms and scope of practice queries
- Contracts, agreements and GDPR
- Celebrating your achievements
My Approach to Supervision
Having experienced the good, the bad and the ugly of supervision I have created an approach which centres on the needs of the person I’m supervising. I feel it’s important to choose someone you feel comfortable with and someone who can support you in a way which you find supportive and stretching.
I would like to get to know you and find out about your business and what you’d like from supervision. So I invite you to book a free 30 minute Supervision Conversation, an opportunity to get to know each other and for me to understand how you’d like help. The conversation will be either online via Zoom or over the phone.
Supervision can be the difference between creating a thriving business that you love and leaving the profession due to burnout and isolation. Give yourself the gift of support….book a free conversation below.